Location: Metairie, Louisiana
Lakeside Shopping Center originally opened in 1960 as an open air shopping center. Over the last 50 years it has been enclosed and now consists of 1.1 million square feet. The mall also has a two-level J.C.Penny’s with 300,000 square feet, a three-level Dillard’s, and a 3-level Macy’s with 228,000 square feet.
The shopping center suffered major exterior damage with no real interior damage, even though it is located 3 miles from the 17th street canal. The mall was spared because the levee broke on the New Orleans side. Due to Hayden, and many other trades, the mall re-opened about two months after the storm with about half the stores and with shorter business hours. The mall lost no major tenants as a result of Hurricane Katrina.
- Contract Amount: $4,587,580.00
- Total Square Footage: 455,000
- System: Johns Manville 2 ply SBS Modified Bitumen Cold Application
- Contact: Glen Wilson of the Feil Organization
- Contact Number: 504-835-8000